Protein can help you build muscle, recover from a strenuous workout and best of all; it helps you to maintain healthy amount of muscle when you are trying to lose weight.
In the past, women tend to stay away from protein powders for fear of building too much mass. However, this myth has been debunked for the average woman looking to reap the benefits of working hard in the gym. And today, protein supplements are even considered effective component to losing weight. If cutting calories-intake is no longer enough then it is advisable to try protein powder supplements at Supps R Us.
Here are some tips on how to use protein powder for weight loss:
- Drink Protein Shakes as Snacks – craving for some snacks after you cut down your calories for lunch or dinner? Drink protein shake instead. It will keep you full in between meals. It may not immediately show evident results but it will help you retain more lean mass and get rid of body fat.
- Replace Meals – poor eating habits can cause weight gain or worst, obesity. However, some people who are trying to lose weight try to skip meals, which is a big no-no. What you can do is replace meals with protein supplements. No time for breakfast? Drink your protein shake instead. You may also replace lunch or dinner by drinking this healthy shake instead of completely skipping meals.
- Create Variations – protein powder is indeed healthy but that doesn’t mean that all that you have to consume is this. Take protein shakes along with other healthy sources of protein like fish, egg, nuts, beans, legumes and non-fat dairy products for healthier routines.
- Choose a High Quality Powder – it is also important to choose a high quality powder that is suitable for your condition and goal. Protein powder isolates usually contain at least 90 percent protein while protein powder concentrates can contain 60 percent or less by weight. Source of powder is important too. According to a research, soy and whey are two of the best sources. However, in terms of weight loss, whey is the best option.
- Consume Post-Workout – after working out in the gym, it is advisable to drink protein shake. In case you still haven’t noticed, most people in the gym are carrying protein shakes and so should you. Protein can help you recover from a tough workout and it will keep you full.
Protein supplements won’t magically melt off fats but it can help you fill up when you are trying to cut off calories intake. Scientific research also shows that some types of protein powder are able to improve body composition and weight management in overweight adults.
Follow the tips in this article for a healthy weight loss using protein powder.